Friday, March 8, 2013

Portions

Went shopping today.
Cooking for one and counting calories can sometimes be a problem when everything you buy is packaged for families.  So I spent some time and portioned some of what I bought.
I put spaghetti sauce in half-cup containers and marked how many calories.  I then wrapped some angel hair pasta into serving with the calories.  I hope this will help.

I also put 4 crockpot chicken meals in the freezer. . . . Hawaiian Chicken.  I have decide to try each week to put a couple of crockpot meals in the freezer for this summer when maybe I won't feel like cooking.

1 comment:

  1. That's so smart! What a great idea to portion things out when you get home from the store. It's also difficult to get portions right when every recipe is for 4 and there's two and a half of us (well, the kiddo eats less than half a serving).

    ReplyDelete